Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
About the Role
We are looking for a high energy and organized individual to support the VP General Manager of Venmo & In-store and the business unit leadership. This individual should have strong communication skills and the ability to get things done through collaboration with colleagues at every level. Based in the Newton, Massachusetts office the role is full time and reports to the CFO of Venmo & In-store.
- Provide administrative support to the CTO of In-store & Venmo Engineering Director and the business unit leaders to support overall business objectives.
- Coordinate and manage external meetings at the executive (C-suite) level.
- Coordinate and organize internal executive meetings; team events.
- Provide effective and expeditious meeting coordination including agendas and follow-up as needed.
- Planning & heavy calendar management; making considered and appropriate judgments.
- Follow up on action items on behalf of the leaders as appropriate.
- Screen and respond to phone calls and email as appropriate.
- Make travel arrangements, including complex itineraries, expeditiously and accurately for frequent travel.
- Prepare and track purchase orders and expense reports and light finance administrative support as requested.
- Partner and network with other Company administrative assistants in order to collaborate, obtain information, get things done and solve problems.
- Handle special projects as they arise.
- 10+ years relevant work experience; 5+ supporting at the SVP or VP level.
- Experience operating successfully within a multi-national and matrix organization.
- Technology industry experience is preferred.
- Proven competency using MS Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Proven ability to independently exercise sound judgment and take initiative.
- Strong ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- Capable of building strong relationships with other individuals across multiple time zones and departments in order to accomplish tasks and achieve goals.
- The ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.