At Oscar, we are changing how health insurance works. We brought together talented folks from various industries and places; we all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Running efficient operations is a key factor to a successful organization, and this Executive Assistant will be supporting our EVP, Strategic Partnerships to assure his days run smoothly. This position requires someone who loves details, can roll with the punches, and loves the challenge of working in an ever-changing and growing environment! You must be a team player and be able to thrive in a start-up and busy culture.
What is the position?
You will ensure that the EVP, Strategic Partnerships and his organization are fully supported by accomplishing the following:
- Proactively manage the busy and ever-changing calendar of the EVP, Strategic Partnerships.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls and reserve rooms accordingly.
- Keep a pulse on team culture and morale -- bubble up issues with ideas for solutions.
- Be proactive and take ownership of your role. Look for growth points and be a thought partner to our EVP, Strategic Partnerships as his organization evolves.
- Streamline operational processes and programming for the EVP’s organization.
- Triage workflow for the EVP; develop an understanding of task and issue priorities; bring urgent matters to attention.
- Draw on experience and judgment while handling highly confidential and proprietary matters.
- Prepare travel arrangements and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Greet guests and make them comfortable when they arrive with professionalism and poise.
- Partner with colleagues for meeting planning and assist with special projects as needed.
- Work with the People team and Facilities to manage EVP’s organization’s space and environment.
You are someone with...
- 5 years experience in a support role working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Outstanding organization, attention to detail, and follow-up skills.
- The utmost discretion and tact in handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and desire to achieve high performance.
- The ability to think on your feet -- creatively and collaboratively -- amidst ambiguity.
- On-the-fly problem-solving skills paired with a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to juggle several tasks at once while maintaining poise and positivity.
- A proactive nature -- always thinking ahead and “seeing around corners.”
- An outgoing, friendly style but with backbone to challenge people and situations when necessary.
- Capacity to work with a variety of work-styles and personalities.
- Interest in and excitement for the Health Tech sphere
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.