Executive Assistant at Policygenius
About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others’ days better? We’re looking for an outstanding Executive Assistant to support our VP of Finance & VP of Operations, reporting into the Senior Manager of Employee Experience.
The People team is the anchor of Policygenius’ values and culture--and the Executive Assistant will play an integral role in maintaining that foundation! This position will keep all of the Pg trains running on time with grace and ease. We’re looking for someone who can navigate multiple competing, urgent priorities with seemingly effortless empathy and a “no job too big or small” attitude.
In the role, you will...
- Provide professional and confidential executive support to the VP of Operations & VP of Finance by acting as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for internal & external stakeholders
- Own heavy calendar management, resolve any conflicts in scheduling of appointments, and orchestrate meetings with employees and external contacts
- Problem-solve and make judgment calls on priorities based on other calendars, projects, customer meetings, stakeholders, interviews, etc.
- Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Manage and reconcile monthly expense reports on behalf of the VP of Operations & VP of Finance
- Arrange business travel, including air & ground transportation, lodging, dining reservations
- Support the Operations, Finance, and People teams on special projects and assist with administrative related tasks as needed
- Collaborate with Executive Assistant to the Co-founders around management of logistics for important events as needed (e.g., board meetings, investor presentations, VIP partner visits, leadership team offsites)
We’d love to hear from you if you...
- Have 2+ years Executive/Admin Assistant experience in a fast-paced environment; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Present relentless attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrate unwavering trust, constant reliability, and a strong understanding of confidentiality, on both a business and personal level
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills to clearly and efficiently communicate with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors and customers
- Display an ability to adapt well to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving startup environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Have experience managing several busy calendars and knowledge of Google GSuite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Mail)
- Are driven to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Are passionate about Policygenius’ mission & product and excited about growing with a fintech startup company
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!