Executive Client Principal
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
ThoughtWorks is seeking to expand our Demand (Sales) Team to support our growing clients in North America.
Our Client Principals are responsible for
Developing and executing on key account plans and sales programs
Nurturing senior client relationships on strategic accounts and
Achieving established revenue targets in partnership with the larger Client Leadership team.
What to expect..
- Establish, build, and maintain long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of senior client stakeholders
- Farm and manage between one and three accounts at a time
- Drive $30 million to $50 million in revenue per year from accounts to meet or exceed profitability targets.
- Ensure the creation and execution of existing account strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and individual levels.
- Help develop a range of IP and best practices around client and portfolio development in order to build the client base into a significant strategic asset.
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding the company’s breadth and depth to its full potential.
- Drive offshoring as an integral part of the delivery method.
- Oversee ThoughtWorks’ execution of engagements, providing early visibility to leadership regarding potential risks.
- Continually stay up to date with the company’s business strategy and IT goals.
What you’ll bring..
- Experience working in many different executive revenue-generating roles requiring strong business acumen.
- Success managing and developing sophisticated senior client relationships and strategic business partnerships across the C-suite.
- Experience contributing to a clients’ business using a highly consultative and solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to drive thought leadership and innovation experience for clients.
- Ability to influence decisions by bringing in relevant industry trends and client stories on innovation and digital disruption.
- Experience in software development project delivery with the ability to understand the momentum of technical projects and the challenges a highly technical team will face in project execution.
Who you are..
- A national/global sensibility and a sophisticated view of the business.
- A strategic thinker, with the ability to translate concepts and ideas into practical and tactical action and the skills to create value propositions for clients.
- A goal-oriented self-starter, with strong consultative instincts and skills who quickly and easily establishes rapport and credibility.
- Comfortable seeking out and interfacing with external constituents, and has the personal and social attributes to create and then manage effective long-lasting relationships.
- Skilled at negotiation.
- Must be able to craft visions and adopt progressive points of view regarding the future, and rally people around the agendas that drive change.
- Thinks strategically, but also is highly skilled at execution in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Understands what it means to “put the team over self.”
- The ability to lead and motivate account and software development teams with creativity, imagination, energy, and enthusiasm.
Candidates should be flexible and open to regional travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with our digital leaders by joining Perspectives, our network for business insights in technology.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.