At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Overall responsibility for performing duties and assisting management within the engineering operation of a fulfillment and distribution environment. Individuals are expected to understand all aspects of the operation, adhere to safety standards and meet production guidelines.
- Perform repetitive movements (eg. climbing ladders), reaching, bending, push/pull bins, repetitive wrist movement, be stationary, mobile or physically active for entirety of the shift
- Work under pressure while meeting immediate goals, deadlines, standards and expectations
- Comply and meet standard operating procedures
- Accountable for personal time and attendance
- Communicate and cooperate with team members and leadership
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Restock supplies as needed
- Identify and surface issues to leadership in a timely fashion
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, google docs) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner)
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and safely while using machinery (eg. sewing machine, pressing machine, cleaning machine)
- Ability to understand, follow and execute written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make decisions independently
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Must be self-disciplined and have the ability to work independently without constant oversight
- Familiarity with warehouse systems and ability to use all warehouse software
- Ability to differentiate colors in garments
- Experience in a dry cleaning operation is a plus
Additional Technical Distinctions:
- Conducts proper use, maintenance, tests and repairs of mechanical equipment, systems and components
- Applies knowledge of electrical / electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and mechanical support
- Applies skills in restoring equipment to operational status including but not limited to dry cleaning equipment, boilers, chillers, generators, air compressors, steam tunnels, finishing equipment, auto baggers, conveyance, sorters
- 5 years of trade experience in one or more of the following areas: plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, or electrical controls
- Black seal boiler license and refrigeration license a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!