Field Operations Manager at Via
As Field Operations Manager, you will manage and lead a large team of junior operations staff responsible for registering new driver partners, supporting active driver partners and carrying out field/remote projects. Your and your team’s objectives will be to ensure that our driver partners receive great support and to contribute directly to Via’s growth through helping execute driver and rider growth initiatives. You'll be responsible for managing HR and day-to-day aspects of the team while also creating a motivating and challenging environment where individuals can thrive and develop. You’ll also contribute to our growth strategy by leading your team to help execute various driver experience and growth projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams across the business.
Via provides first class customer services to our driver partners, from recruitment to registration to ongoing support. Handling thousands of interactions each week, both in person and remotely, our Driver Center teams are committed to helping driver partners get started on our platform, stay connected, and continue to grow and drive with Via.
This is a challenging people-facing role that spans leadership, project management and entrepreneurship giving a chance to be at the heart of a growing and exciting tech startup that has set to transform how people get around.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, coach and develop a dynamic team of 20-30 junior operations staff, fostering a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic environment.
- Develop clear metrics for the team and visibility into results against KPIs and priorities to the NYC’s Operations Team on a weekly basis
- Be the face of the NYC Driver Center, representing Via to driver partners and vendors
- Work with city and partner teams, general managers, and operations teams to develop and implement the strategies to support new launches and processes at Via.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across various via teams and offices, deeply rooted in trust and understanding
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes, products and systems to drive rapid growth
Who You Are:
- Have a proven track record of managing teams (at least 3-5 years) and developing people - you know how to motivate and get the best work out of every person who you work with
- Lead with humility, respect and empathy, you give and take feedback constructively, and you do not shy away from having difficult conversations and resolving conflicts
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- Strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- Comfortable with managing data in Excel
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Working knowledge of Tableau
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.