Head of Business Operations & Strategy
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
As the founding member of Ribbon’s Business Operations & Strategy team, you will have the opportunity to define, build and scale a function that drives strategy, planning and execution across a hyper-growth startup. The Head of Business Operations & Strategy will support the leadership team in operationalizing our growth strategy, leading high priority strategic initiatives and building a scalable centralized operating system. With a combination of exceptional problem solving, analytical, project management and communication skills, along with a “get stuff done” mentality, you will play a key role in accelerating Ribbon’s growth and impact.How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Serve as the connective tissue across functional teams, working to share knowledge and influence stakeholders on planning, process design and decision making
- Develop a deep and holistic understanding of Ribbon’s business model to tackle key strategic questions and execute critical initiatives
- Lead efficient operational planning processes, and manage the company-wide operating system to drive execution and instill a culture of accountability
- Support the refinement and execution of Ribbon’s corporate strategy through analysis, market research, business development efforts and project management
- Oversee business performance reporting and scale best practices across the organization
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiencies
- Build and scale a high-performing team of analysts and project managers
- 8 - 12 years of experience across a combination of business operations, management consulting, investment banking, private equity and venture capital
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects and programs, with a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners
- Structured strategic thinker with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills – ability to distill complex concepts into actionable frameworks
- Natural leader with a track record of building and managing lean teams that drive an outsized impact
- Highly organized, collaborative and self-motivated – you thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Residential real estate, fintech, and/or startup experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.