About the Role:
The Head of Dream Fulfillment Center (DFC) Design & Construction is responsible for leading the team that brings to life the technologies and infrastructure that enable the ‘closet in the cloud’. DFCs bring together thousands of garments with hundreds of skilled associates and the latest in garment technologies into the largest and highest end dry cleaning facilities in the world. Every day, a massive variety of thousands of brand name garments and accessories travel through the sorting, cleaning, pressing, repair, storage, packing and shipping steps to make our inventory an extension of our customers’ closets.
This role will be pivotal to the ongoing success of RTR as we continue to leverage our proprietary technologies, extensive designer relationships to offer a truly endless assortment of inventory and to optimize the design of our facilities to enable us deliver on our customer promise with every order.
The role will report directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer. Peers to this role will be the General Managers of the DFCs, the Head of Transportation, the Head of Customer Service and the Head of Garment Science.
What You’ll Do:
- Own optimizations of the layout and design of RTR’s two existing facilities in New Jersey and Texas (spanning 500k + square feet combined) as well as total design of future facilities.
- Create a best in class approach to all things DFC design related such as: associate safety, sustainability, quality of garment care, density of cube and the cost of throughput.
- Become intimately familiar with the latest available technologies in garment conveyance, cleaning & repair and tracking to ensure a best in class and iterative approach at all times.
- Develop a keen understanding of RTR’s reverse logistics technology, which powers an inventory management system based on regional availability, and help ensure inventory accuracy as an output via successful storage and tracking methodology.
- Partner with internal or external real estate partners, hiring and managing general contractors and overseeing the construction effort of the next generation of RTR DFC design.
- Build out a robust function that couples existing and newly developed technologies to continue to position RTR as a leader in the sharing economy.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electric or civil engineering required; masters degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering and / or professional engineering certification preferred. Experience in designing high density, high volume manufacturing and/or fulfillment operations
- Clear career progression leading a technical team including concept engineering and/or firm engineering including engineers, project managers and drafters.
- Familiarity with real estate brokers, negotiations and lease terms.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.