Head of Industry, Retail at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a Retail/CPG Industry Leader who will lead Yext’s strategy for the CPG and D2C/Retail Verticals within the United States. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, with the ability to work cross-functionally in order to develop scalable solutions for their clients, as well as their teams. They will build the retail vertical messaging and develop Yext product offerings. They will also be the lead public evangelist for retail for the company and will include public speaking, blogging, and other forms of media. We are looking for a self-starter entrepreneurial type leader who has demonstrated success building up an offering in the retail vertical. Ideal candidates will have management experience in a consultative sales environment, as well as extensive experience marketing digital marketing solutions.
- Define and own the strategic direction of the Yext Retail, D2C, and CPG offerings.
- Become Yext’s Chief Evangelist in the Retail, D2C, and CPG verticals which would include speaking at conferences, webinars, thought leadership articles and PR.
- Define, execute, and own an engagement strategy for key prospects, as well as a go-to-market strategy, in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Build trust based value added partnerships, both internally and externally, while supporting team members selling to Retail, D2C, and CPG prospects.
- Maintain open communications and collaborate heavily with cross-functional partners, including Direct Enterprise Sales, Client Services, Product Management, Consulting and Marketing, to ensure timely and appropriate client solutions.
- In conjunction with customer success organization, create and foster referenceable customers for purposes of sales and marketing activities.
- Develop specific revenue and qualified target account plans for sales teams, as needed, to ensure growth in all products/services categories.
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Yext to clients.
- Identify, develop and implement best practice sharing amongst the team to reinforce executable selling behaviors that are indicative of over overachievement.
- Remain keenly aware of the competitive landscape and create awareness to both team members and executives regarding how our products and clients fit in.
- Participate in sales team meetings, sales management meetings and quarterly business reviews for key customers and prospects.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships.
- Comfortable in solving both performance based and branding objectives.
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into client value.
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at targeted brands.
- Demonstrate success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes, and systems.
- Extraordinary skills in the areas of people leadership, sales, planning, forecasting, and prioritization.
- Strong understanding of technology and trends that are changing the digital landscape.
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in a marketing performance environment, with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM SaaS, CMS, Site Search, Local, Display and/or Search market experience. Practitioner preferred.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.