Head of IT
Working alongside our Markets and HQ leadership teams, the Head of Information Technology will be charged with developing and enhancing Knotel’s technology product to provide an efficient and functional catered platform for clients so they can focus on their business. This leadership position will also be responsible for ensuring Knotel HQ operates at peak performance to allow the company to scale on a global level without issue.
What You’ll Do
- End to end, full accountability for all aspects of IT across the various global markets. This includes corporate IT, overseeing build-outs and IT operations for client workspaces.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to deliver IT solutions and services aligned with the business vision and mission objectives.
- Oversee, define and drive IT strategy and roadmap to deliver stable, predictable and cost effective (to budget) IT services.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships across all functions of the business, with local and global stakeholders, and establishing credibility and expertise across the Leadership Team.
- Managing an exceptional IT service client team across global cities that really delivers for Knotel and its clients.
- Establishing and maintaining strong strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Build processes and systems that meet long-term needs and scale appropriately.
- Envision and actualize long-term goals while managing the day to day activities.
Who You Are
You are a results-driven technical management professional with the ability to make sound business decisions. You have strong IT experience providing network solutions within emerging innovation companies and are comfortable diving deep into technical details. You appreciate that “done” is better than “perfect” and find entrepreneurial ways to persevere through obstacles. You operate cross-functionally, but still move fast to get things done. You inspire those beneath you with clear vision, determination, and ability to execute. You believe in the vision of Knotel while striving for continuous and ongoing operational improvements to operate the best workspaces for our members. You also have the following:
- A minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience managing global teams delivering network infrastructure and systems in multiple client sites. Experience at both an emerging venture and a mature IT organization would be preferable.
- Project and program management experience defined by a proven track record of on time and on budget delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong customer focus and understanding, defined by proven ability to develop and maintain customer relations with internal stakeholders. You actively seek information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Ability to build a successful team – proven track record of success through people management skills, motivating others, promoting a productive work culture, and managing performance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop customer relationships and work directly with executive management.
- Strong decision making abilities, and a willingness to make timely yet well-informed decisions regarding business strategy, direction and tactical delivery.
- Experience with office buildouts on the technology side, but also familiar with all aspects of a buildout and construction.
- Cybersecurity knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of IT management frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT.
- Familiarity with IT governance. Able to oversee creation and implementation in a loosely structured environment.
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.