Head of Merchandising at Grailed
Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
The Head of Merchandising / GM should be creative and undeterred by roadblocks, able to find alternative solutions to reach performance goals. Many traditional solutions at other companies may not be applicable at Grailed due to the nature of our two-sided marketplace, requiring a candidate adept at testing new opportunities with cross-functional partners. All leaders at Grailed are “managers-doers,” able to both drive the big picture and roll up ones’ sleeves when necessary.
As the Head of Merchandising / General Manager, you will:
- Develop and execute category strategy driving profitable growth, including creation of a P&L in partnership with the finance team. Strategy should include merchandising, inventory planning and promotions dimensions
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in product, marketing, analytics and design to drive category strategy
- Leverage large data sets, design cutting-edge analysis to evaluate category health, build strong business proposals and prioritize workflows
- Set deadlines and manage organization to long timelines, particularly for seasonal events (e.g., Holiday, Fashion Week), which require planning and forecasting
- Regularly report out category / designer performance
- Develop a framework for inventory planning methodologies to advance inventory coverage improvements, including identifying selection gaps, prioritizing high demand trends
- Develop talent for merchandising, inventory planning and promotions; additionally, mentor/develop team and other staff at Grailed
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing, and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
- Build and grow strong mutually beneficial relationships with key sellers to develop strategic inventory replenishment methods, promote category goals and ultimately drive customer satisfaction
- Identify the KPIs for measuring success of the availability program and its suppliers, while actioning the necessary steps to build and deliver these KPIs
- Develop a team capable of making decisions independently including sourcing strategy, positioning, demand consolidation, replenishment, inventory management, along with cultivating a strong seller communication skill set
The following might describe you:
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably in e-commerce, retail or management consulting
- MBA or Masters a plus
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy and perform tactically
- Passion for large data sets to drive strategic insights
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve
- Prior experience recruiting, building and managing high performance teams
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
- Passionate about Grailed's mission and the role
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, commuter benefits, and amazing healthcare plans covered up to 95%. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.