Health Advocate at Galileo
Galileo is a new practice combining an innovative approach to patient care with principles of hospitality to treat New York City's most underserved seniors.
We’re looking for a Patient Health Advocate who has a knack for problem-solving and strong ties to our community so we can better ensure an outstanding experience for all Galileo patients.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Receive training and skills with the opportunity to grow your career while helping patients in the local community
- Find creative solutions to help patients meet health goals and overcome social barriers
- Strengthen relationships within communities where Galileo provides care so that their needs can be swiftly understood and resolved
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Strong people skills, especially connecting with diverse individuals who have varying health conditions
- Creative problem-solving skills that can be leveraged to empower others
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to translate complex ideas into simple language
- Multilingual capabilities, ideally with fluency in Spanish
- Meaningful ties to New York City's diverse communities and an eagerness to effect positive change within it
- A "hospitality mindset" and track record of creating memorable experiences for customers, perhaps as a bartender, server / waitress / waiter, customer support representative or hotel concierge
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences—including but not limited to—gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.