IT Infrastructure Engineer at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Engineering team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems and network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s corporate offices, warehouses, retail stores, and drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners across the entire enterprise. The IT Engineering team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving innovation and efficiencies throughout the businesses IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for designing and operating the RTR endpoint management systems such as JAMF, SCCM and MDMs systems for our corporate offices, our warehouse fulfillment centers, retail locations and return drop boxes. This role is for an experienced hands on engineer that is a subject matter expert (SME) in endpoint engineering, infrastructure, systems and network technology looking to join a fast scaling company.
What You'll Do:
- Lead as a subject matter expert engineer in JAMF while working on a cross functional team to implement security and performance standards across Windows, Apple, and Android devices.
- Responsible for automating tasks such application installation, configuration, and updates
- Design and manage endpoint management to enable onboarding and offboarding tasks related to corporate IT systems
- Be a technology partner to the various business units in powering all warehouse facilities, retail and corporate locations with leading technology solutions.
- Contribute cross functionally to infrastructure engineering and systems administration teams responsible for Azure, Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta and Windows Servers.
- Contribute cross functionally to systems administration and technical integration including corporate software as a service (SaaS) applications and services such as Google, Office 365, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Contribute cross functionally with the network engineering team responsible for site to site communication and all AN/ WAN, Juniper, Palo, MPLS, and Wireless
- Contribute to building and developing and operating technical systems and solutions, policies, and processes to bring best practice to RTR to enable the organization to reach higher levels of scale and efficiency
- Contribute to the implementation of new infrastructure, configuration, maintenance, and roadmaps development for existing infrastructure, as well as expansion to new sites for a high growth.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience along with at least 5 years of well-rounded IT engineering experience as a lead, supervisor or manager is necessary.
- Have demonstrated expertise and success using endpoint management solutions such as Jamf and SCCM in a large company with iOS, Android, OS-X and Windows devices at locations across a broad geographic region
- Have experience implementing MDM solutions such as Soti, Airwatch, or Jamf across a large BYOD fleet.
- Have superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex, disparate IT, systems and networking environments
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to empathize and collaborate with colleagues, independently manage and run projects, and prioritize efforts among conflicting priorities.
- Have a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserves your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.