IT Service Manager at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team
The IT Operations team at RTR is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems and network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s operations and corporate offices teams as well as the customer experience (CX) team that supports RTR customers. You will be joining an operations group that cross functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners across the entire corporate and CX enterprise.
Rent the Runway is at an interesting time in its company history, and is recruiting widely to help scale its operations in all areas, searching for people that can help operational areas grow efficiently and at pace with the company.About the Job
The IT Services Manager for Rent the Runway’s IT Operations is responsible for IT service delivery for all employees at 10 Jay St, Galway Ireland, Fulfillment centers and our remote CX agents. Delivered services include walk up support and IT vending at 10 Jay St, technical issue resolution, onboarding and offboarding, remote RTR Drop-Off Box management, video conferencing, endpoint management, and application delivery.What You'll Do
- Lead, Inspire, and motivate a high performing IT support team for the Fulfillment centers, 10 Jay St and Galway Corporate offices and our remote RTR staff, providing outstanding IT service in pursuit of company goals.
- Maintain an ongoing 12 month roadmap highlighting planned changes to the IT service, communicate the roadmap to stakeholders and team, and deliver projects that will enhance the service delivered to RTR employees.
- Instill a service culture across the IT team that focuses continuously on improving the service that the team provides to the RTR business.
- Maintain an assessment of team skills to compare against skills needed, and implement development plans to enhance team skills and delivery, and to ensure a wide spread of skills and capabilities to manage the DFC, Office, and remote environments.
- Develop and maintain capacity plans to ensure service and project demands can be met.
- Build cross-functional partnerships with IT Infrastructure, Asset Management, and other technology teams to support wider technology strategies and OKRs.
- Manage team performance through metrics, KPIS, and clear OKRs, using standard performance management processes at RTR.
- Develop internal controls for key operational processes, and ensure that staff and systems meet compliance guidelines.
- Define and implement policies and procedures that outline standard operating procedures for the team to ensure consistency of delivery in all areas.
- Demonstrate a passion for service excellence through daily management of all incidents and requests, producing a long term roadmap to improve the service at RTR so that it is responsive to and fulfilling changing business needs.
- Define service level agreements with business teams to ensure that the delivery of IT service is aligned to expectations, and to manage the service against agreed SLAs.
- Analyze and report regularly (daily, weekly, monthly) on service metrics, outline next steps for service improvements, and demonstrate effectiveness of service delivery. Analyze and present trends in the service data to inform and justify management decisions.
- Build and enhance an effective service platform which supports the efficient delivery of service, and accurate dashboarding and reporting of service KPIs, team performance, and asset management.
- Build a useful and accurate Knowledge Base for technicians to reference for processes and solutions.
- Publish and update Services Catalog for the RTR business.
- Seek regular feedback from all RTR users and teams through service review meetings and partnerships across all areas. Demonstrate the effectiveness of the team and improvement initiatives to the business.
- Ensure the correct ownership and use of all applications used to manage the desktop/workstation/kiosk/application environment (e.g. JAMF, SOTI, SCCM) to deliver proactive service management through regular patching and updating of the estate.
- Implement and manage ITIL practices within the team for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset Management and other service areas.
- Manage IT assets for the Service Desk operation including vendors, hardware, software, licensing, and services, through successful collaboration with the ITAM team.
- Be responsible for ensuring quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them.
- Ensure that all hardware, software, service items that are needed to maintain excellent service are procured and delivered in good time.
- Work closely with finance and accounting teams to help plan and manage the IT Operations capital and operating budgets.
- Design and maintain the IT service desk resource model and capacity plan to ensure optimal service delivery.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience along with at least 5 years of well-rounded IT service desk and IT asset management experience using ITIL best practices.
- Have demonstrated expertise building new support channels and integrating them into existing support models.
- Have experience working in a fast paced fast growing startup environment.
- Have superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex, disparate IT, systems and networking environments.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to empathize and collaborate with colleagues, independently manage and run projects, and prioritize efforts among conflicting priorities.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.