IT Support Engineer at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth IT team at the ground floor, and play an instrumental role in making the home buying and selling experience frictionless for our customers. We are focused on high quality user support and believe in automation as a way to scale our team efficiently.
The IT Support team is responsible for the hardware, software, and services that Orchard employees around the country use on a daily basis to successfully do their jobs.
You'll be based out of our New York or Austin office and report to our IT Senior Manager.
What You'll Do Here
- Manage inbound support requests via walkups, tickets, email, and Slack
- Support SaaS solutions like Okta, Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, InTune, and more
- Support all current and changing aspects of our IT environment; including macOS and Windows workstations, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment, printers, and networking equipment
- Own our employee onboarding processes
- Prepare hardware for national deployment, which includes imaging, validation, and shipping and receiving logistics
- Help to ensure the stability and security of devices and accounts
- Create, define, and redesign IT processes and policies to ensure sustainability and scalability as our company grows
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- Experience managing remotely deployed devices
- 2 years hands-on IT Support experience in a modern enterprise environment
- Deep familiarity with Windows 10 or macOS
- Experience supporting and administering Okta and Google Workspace
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced complex environment and self manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or nontechnical audiences
- Experience driving projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes, work to remedy them, and share your learnings
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
- Knowledge of scripting in Python, Bash, GO, or Apps Script
- Experience with account life-cycle automation tools like Tray.io and Workato
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.