IT Support Manager
As the Manager of IT Support, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, and delivery of the end user computing environment for Compass’ New York City offices (multiple Manhattan locations including Compass HQ, Brooklyn, LIC, and more TBD). You will serve as the primary point of contact for end user escalations to onsite support teams that provide technical support for all personal computing hardware, software, and services. Your main responsibilities will focus on providing technical strategies for the Compass end user computing environment and improving end user computing policies, procedures, and standards in conjunction with the Director of IT and an outsourced Service Desk.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop strategies for deployment, administrative support, monitoring and overall integrity of Compass’ end user computing environment
- Manages, oversees and monitors the service delivery of onsite IT associates across multiple offices in several locations
- Develops standards and offers guidance for the implementation/deployment of all end user computing hardware and software
- Interfaces with vendors for end user computing strategies and the selection of hardware and software products
- Develops and implements procedures for problem management, performance monitoring, configuration management, capacity planning, etc., as related to end user computing configurations
- Prepares capital and operating budgets for this area, and monitors actual expenses against the budget
- Manages support for the end user computing environment, including problem tracking, change management, service levels agreements, performance monitoring, capacity planning, software evaluation and selection, and other vendor relationship issues in respect to end user computing systems and hardware and software products
- Management reporting on the status of onsite support operations, including proposals for changes in environment, cost savings initiatives, and business initiatives
- Performs project related tasks including managing specific end user computing projects.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with internal Compass departments/teams, managed service providers, and other end user computing vendors
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-8 years of experience in managing technical teams and end user computing services in a highly dynamic organization
- Proven track record managing end user support for rapidly growing companies
- Experience managing and implementing end user computing projects with associated responsibilities for hardware, software, and service design implementations
- Experience in developing and delivering end user support strategies
- Thorough understanding of end user computing platforms and technologies including desktop, laptop, and mobile hardware, as well as software and service offerings from major vendors
- Project management experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple end user programs and projects
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Willing and able to travel between local offices as well as domestic air travel as necessary.