Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our Tech Support Team. Our ideal candidate has prior experience in support positions and has an excellent, customer-focused attitude. Our team prides itself on ensuring every team member and customer gets the attention they need to keep our business running and our freight moving smoothly. If you love working with people, and feel most comfortable with a screwdriver in one hand and a SSD in the other, this may be the right role for you.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
This role will report to our NYC office when it reopens to full-time staffing.
What you'll do:
- End-user support across a hybrid in-office and remote fleet of PCs and Macs, including hardware repairs, upgrades, and replacements.
- Onboarding and offboarding employees, provisioning and recovering hardware and accounts, providing tech/IT orientations, and hardware inventory tracking
- Network management, switch configuration and support, WiFi troubleshooting.
- Directory and user account management.
- Software support across Google Workspace, JumpCloud, Slack, JIRA, password vaults, Office365, and roughly a dozen other applications and productivity tools.
- A/V support for video conferencing and in-office presentations (Google Meet, Shure, Crestron, integrated speakers, wireless mics).
- 2+ years experience in tech support roles, supporting PCs and Macs
- Experience with directory management, user account management, SSO
- Experience administering Google Workspace (GSuite)
- Networking, corporate LAN, ISPs, local and remote hardware
- Organizational, documentation, and prioritization skills around ticketing, reporting, and helpdesk workflow
- You love to work with people and are motivated by solving problems
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description