Language Services Operations Manager
Smartling is seeking a Language Services Operations Manager to join our team. We are looking for a true go-getter to own the critical task of making language services more accessible, scalable and reliable for our growing list of customers. In return, we offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, a clear career path and the unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth company that is changing the world.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects associated with delivery of translations on the Smartling platform. This means playing the link between our linguist community, customers and the Smartling team to coordinate, monitor and deliver all translation projects per Smartling’s quality and turnaround time commitments.
Smartling is a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to translate content faster, better and cheaper through translation management software integrated with highly scalable and reliable language services. Leading businesses like Pinterest, Spotify, and WeWork use Smartling everyday to go global in over fifty languages.
Tasks at hand
- Overseeing and delivering multiple translation projects on a daily basis, ensuring that Smartling meets its quality and turnaround time SLAs with all customers.
- Managing all aspects of translator capacity/quality issues in a proactive manner.
- Fostering close relationships with linguists and ensuring reliability and accountability of a growing translator community.
- Collaborating with sales, technology and linguist teams to assess and manage complex translation assignments.
- Must enjoy multitasking, prioritizing and delivering in a high-paced environment and under tight timelines.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, persistent and positive in the face of tough challenges.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of self-motivation to constantly do things better, and to set the bar higher for yourself and others around you.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of comfort with/ability to quickly pick up cloud-based software.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fluency in a second language is highly desired.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with translation technology.
- Knowledge of SaaS Dashboards.
- Adaptable. Accept and embrace changes as situations or objective evolve.
- Task Management Hero. Demonstrate the ability to work within timelines for successful completion of assigned tasks or projects.
- Results Focused. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently deliver results.
- Enthusiastic. Maintain optimism through ups and downs; bounce back undaunted.
- Customer Focused. Build positive and fruitful customer relationships by giving customers’ needs priority and responding quickly to customer concerns.
- Accountable. Maintain consistency in all aspects of their job.
What matters to Smartling?
Two things - our clients and you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock Options purchase plan.
- Great culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Fully stocked kitchen with unlimited drinks, snacks and fresh fruits.
- Convenient offices in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central!
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.