Lead of Corporate Lease Administration
Compass, headquartered in NYC, is building the most advanced real estate technology in the world. Founded in 2012, Compass operates in 12 markets across the country with over 2,500 real estate agents nationwide. With support from top investors such as Softbank, Fidelity, Wellington, and IVP, Compass is experiencing massive growth and helping everyone find their place in the world.
This role will oversee lease administration across our entire portfolio, coordinating and driving the central processing (via abstraction, translation, reconciliation, auditing, quality control and reporting) of critical lease information into the lease management system through internal and external resources. You will act as a liaison between the Legal, Finance, and Real Estate departments to be the single point of lease administration for the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee lease administration; manage all key lease dates; communicate all lease obligations internally; manage correspondence with landlord.
- Coordinate with Legal, Finance, and Real Estate teams to manage existing portfolio needs: review lease extensions, renewal options and rent reductions, modify and extend tenant termination options, and amend agreements for additional tenant allowance.
- After lease execution, actively manage and coordinate with the Finance department to ensure all necessary documents and payments (security deposit, prepaid rent, etc.) are sent to and received by the landlord, and sent to the respective internal parties.
- Ensure all recently signed leases, amendments, and associated lease correspondences are correctly abstracted and uploaded into our tracking system. Administer our lease tracking system, Visual Lease.
- Responsible for collecting and tracking construction allowances, including gathering accurate documentation in full compliance with leases.
- Field and research internal and external inquiries regarding tenant leases, tenant charges, and tenant or landlords rights.
- Review and audit expense reconciliations.
- Initiate lease required insurance certificates and track compliance.
- Minimum 8-10 years of lease administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with Lease Admin software required, Visual Lease preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and experience with SOX compliance preferred.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Highly proficient with MS software (Word, Excel).
- Self-starter, positive attitude, zero ego, and ability to problem-solve under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks within an open and interactive environment.
- Proactive, always seeking additional responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to build and improve processes and procedures.