Localization Quoting Specialist at Welocalize
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:02 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 5, 2019
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Client and Technical Services Analyst’s primary job functions are: to assess the scope of each project and complete a project quote, communicating as needed to Business Managers and the Project Management team so as to ensure that the client’s requests are met in a timely manner; and support the project completion process through the development and use of language tools and pilot processes.
Main responsibilities include:
Do you have experience with managing localization projects? We only accept Resumes from candidates who have the industry experience.
Quotation of projects. This includes, but is not limited to:
Ensure that quotes and direct orders requests from clients receive a timely response, by monitoring mailbox and handling the initial step of entering case in our project management system. Including lots of data entry into project management system
Receive and process a high daily number of incoming quotes and project direct order requests, and to ensure that each gets entered in our system
Creating accurate project quotes in an efficient manner
Handle and enter all approvals in to the Project Management System and complete all necessary admin and project handoff steps
Monitoring project submissions via client portal, and responding to client to acknowledge request
For portal projects, provide estimates, delivery dates, and deliveries to clients, and communicate with client at each step
Create and handle study budgets
Create Task Orders as needed
Maintaining a high-level understanding of Life Sciences service offerings, workflows as well as the specific needs of each client being served
Communicating project information to necessary parties in a clear, concise and professional manner.
Conveying specific client requests effectively to Project managers
Contributing to the consistent growth and development of the Life Sciences quotation process.
Recognizing and escalating any potential issues to the appropriate party in a timely manner
Project pre-processing for TM/MT/Glossary leverage
Creating linguist usable translation packages
Receiving and converting completed translation packages into proper output formats
Creation and collaborations with Language Engineering for maintenance of translation tool repositories with goals toward accuracy and efficiency
Cross department collaboration with Language Engineering and Desktop Publishing to ensure incoming assets are evaluated for completeness prior to production or engineered as needed
Cross department collaboration with Talent Management to ensure resource availability on expedited and rare language requests.
Piloting new business SOPs, comply with existing ISO SOPs and participate in annual ISO internal audits
Taking responsibility for personal development by working closely with their Manager on development goals while becoming measurably more autonomous as experience is gained
Meet departmental productivity targets and KPIs
Work effectively as a team with operations to exceed client expectations.
- Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer and technical skills, especially with Windows and MS Office 365
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Confident communicator in a client-centric work environment.
- Experience with CAT Tools.
- Extensive experience with client relations in a client-centric, fast-paced environment.
- Has 2 to 4 years of experience in the localization industry.
- Understanding of Translation memory and TMS systems
Other Relevant skills
- Due to the nature of this position, dependability and excellent attendance are required. Remote working does not fit the responsibilities of this role except in extreme weather conditions or as agreed with supervisor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding or fast learner of new applicable systems
- Ability to analyze a process to find deficiencies
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Up-beat, positive, can-do attitude
- Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret requests as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, and vendors.
- Mathematical: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts & percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.Close attention to detail.
Read Full Job Description