Logistics Manager at Block Renovation
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Doing a home renovation is a very stressful and hard process. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. Block simplifies the process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
About the Role
The Logistics Manager owns the entire logistics footprint of running a renovation company in the New York Metro area. A successful candidate will use a combination of rigorous process design and grit to ensure that the right materials arrive on time to every job site.
What you’ll do:
- Improve the layout and processes for Block’s warehouse in Brooklyn
- Find and spin up a new, larger warehouse as our demand grows
- Receive, inspect, and ship items personally in the warehouse
- Manage a warehouse associate in day-to-day operations
- Collaborate with Block’s procurement team to maintain healthy inventory levels
- Work with local suppliers for items that cannot be sourced nationally
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and safety of the entire worksite according to OSHA standards, including a co-working space and design studio
What you’ll need:
- 4-7 years of experience in Military, general management, logistics management. Startup or entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- 2 years minimum experience managing inventory in a warehouse, retail, manufacturing or similar setting
- Experience designing new processes and making incremental improvements.
- Comfort using google sheets, and learning new technologies quickly. SQL experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and relationship development skills, both internally and externally
- Grit - we love a team player who is not afraid of new challenges and embraces them!
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as our business grows and develops
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to lift and move materials up to 49 pounds and up to 100 pounds using a pallet jack
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred
- Drivers license with a clean driving record
- Early stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage