Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are growing quickly and looking for someone to help define the future of healthcare as one of the first members of our Corporate Development team. Innovation is needed in healthcare now more than ever and it won’t all come from a single company - this role will be instrumental in helping to build our platform and to source, analyze, diligence, and execute strategic acquisitions that accelerate Ro’s overarching goal of becoming a patient’s first call.
Who are you? That's a great question. You thrive in the uncertainty and fast pace of a startup. You embrace change. You’re relentless. You do things that don’t scale but can scale them up when necessary. You’re metrics driven and love data. You can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You’re constantly in pursuit of the best allocation of resources for the company, not in pursuit of the deal at all costs.
Most importantly, you have an unrelenting drive to put patients in control of their health and never lose sight of that in seeking the right-fit deals or partnerships for Ro.
This role reports directly to the VP of Corporate Development & Strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop synthesized, data-driven perspectives on trends and companies across the healthcare landscape
- Research and assess potential acquisition and investment opportunities by conducting detailed market research, financial analysis, and business due diligence
- Support the cross-functional creation of business cases for potential acquisitions
- Create robust operating models and investment memos to support investment theses
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to support due diligence and execute transactions
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure acquisitions are seamlessly integrated
- Support communications and presentations with key external stakeholders (e.g., board members, investors)
- Support thought leadership within the organization for all things digital health
What You Bring to the Team:
- 2-3 years of investment banking experience at a top tier firm
- 2-3 years of private equity or venture capital experience, ideally focused on digital/consumer internet or healthcare
- Demonstrated track record of sourcing, analyzing, diligencing, and executing strategic acquisitions and/or investments
- Passion for and deep understanding of the digital/consumer internet and healthcare landscapes, including knowledge of industry trends, metrics, and key players
- Strategic mindset with sound business judgement and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to distill massive amounts of complex information into digestible formats that lead to productive discussions
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail-orientation and relentlessness about the quality of your work
- Self-starter, low-ego, mentality and a willingness to always go the extra mile
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.