Manager, Financial Modeling at Gympass
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.Job Purpose
The Manager, Financial Modeling will report directly to the Global Director of FP&A. You will have strong hands-on experience building and supporting complex planning and consolidation models using the Anaplan platform, which is used throughout Gympass in all countries (11 currently). This role places significance on supporting our Anaplan roadmap, organizing and prioritizing roadmap initiatives, and being able to provide recommendations and actions for improvements.
You will be a key part of a highly effective global team, constantly helping to improve our current system and developing new projects (such as BS, CF, MDM, etc), operating as a trusted member of the Finance team at Gympass.What You'll Do...
- Serve as subject matter expert for any questions related to Anaplan functionality and capabilities
- Understand functional and non-functional requirements from Business, and how they translate in Anaplan features
- Develop and improve Anaplan models per business use cases
- Identify business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), test, train, define support procedures and supporting implementations within Anaplan platform
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand existing excel models and translate them into efficiently built Anaplan models
- Configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, actions and other model settings
- Build and maintain data models with complex relationships
- Modify existing data models in order to incorporate new functionality
- Participate in data integrations and migration solutions
- Prepare business users and team members by conducting training
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years Global experience in relevant industries, technology and marketplace focused
- 2+ years experience working in a scaling company
- Strong footing in systems development, including system development life cycle, requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Data modelling: Deep knowledge in modelling within Anaplan from conceptualization to model development
- Data analysis: Strong data analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot Anaplan performance issues with various optimization techniques
- Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on at least three full life cycle implementation
- 4+ years of practical experience as an Anaplan model builder (or 2 in an equivalent planning software) or SQL background
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey information effectively to both business partners and members within the entire Finance team
- Ability to translate current customer spreadsheet models to effective, efficient, and scalable multi-dimensional Anaplan models
- Strong expertise and deep understanding of multi-dimensional modeling
- Expert skills of Excel spreadsheet modeling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts, etc.
- Strong understanding of data/integration both inbound as well as outbound with customer source systems (ERP, CRM, APS, etc.)
- Ability to configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, actions, and other model settings
- In-depth knowledge of Anaplan platform with previous experience in developing end-to-end solutions
- Experience in other enterprise systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Strong SQL, dashboard development and data integration skills (highly preferred)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Employee Health Insurance covered 100%
- Company subsidized Gympass on us, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
- Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education reimbursement
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.