Manager, Office Operations at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an experienced Manager, Office Operations to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Office and Facilities team. We’re looking for someone who has superior organizational and communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to excellence, and a thirst to learn and develop in a fast paced environment. Reporting to the Director of Office Operations and Facilities, you'll work behind the scenes to keep Flatiron running smoothly and help teams thrive by prioritizing and anticipating their needs. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a team of 5 full time employees + 4 contractors, responsible for direct report’s success and development. Improving and streamlining processes that will allow the team to scale with growth.
- Oversee vendor budget and owning the vendor procurement & insurance processes.
- Manage floor planning & seating charts across 5 floors, 800+ employees.
- Budget management - Managing Office Operations budget, expense reports, and invoice approval process.
- Physical Security, EAP, Safety - Owning Visitor Management process, coordinating with security vendor & managing onsite staff, managing badge ID process & system, building out company wide policies around security and emergency action planning.
- Partner with internal initiatives and Employee Resource Groups
- Support office expansion projects & build outs
You're a resourceful Office Manager with 4+ years of experience working in an Office and Facilities capacity. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- 4+ years experience in Office & Facilities Management
- 4+ years experience as a people manager
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet, change or adapt to any ambiguous situation and make on-the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to maintain composure and sense of humor in high-pressure situations
- Track record of consistently going above and beyond, willing to sit on the floor
- Mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, quick-learner
- Passionate about our mission and aligned with our core values
- Bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.