Manager of Security Detection and Response at Galaxy Digital (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The Manager of Security Detection and Response will play a critical role in protecting the organization’s technology and digital assets, as well as maturing the company’s information security operations.
- Direct responsibility for managing:
- Security monitoring and incident response, and related platforms
- Related third party IT relationships, contractors and consultants
- Evolution of tools and capabilities for efficiently running an information security operations center
- Design, implement, and operate ISOC best practices, processes and controls to enable a productive and scalable ISOC
- Understand industry and cryptocurrency related attack TTPs. Partner with security and tech leadership to build and tune related controls
- Coordinate with security, network, system, infrastructure, and application engineers to ensure quality monitoring and detection
- Identify risks to the organization or its affiliates and establish the likely hood of related events and their impact to the business.
- Understand current regulatory, legal, and compliance requirements in related areas; maintain documentation and assist with audits
- Provide mentorship to others involved in, or interested in, information security
- Participate in the evaluation of solutions, selection of technologies and strategic decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in relevant field preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in information security
- Previous experience managing or leading security operations, including SIEM monitoring, tuning, and alerting, security analytics, forensics
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Secrets management
- Experience securing cryptocurrencies or financial trading systems
- Experience ensuring SOX compliance for security operations
The Manager of Security Detection and Response will demonstrate the following:
- Hands on working style and willingness to contribute to the team beyond traditional management job responsibilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding
- Experienced in getting to “yes” in a collaborative, consensus driven environment
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble, collaborative, and flexible style
- A direct and open communication style; creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can translate concepts and ideas to broader audience.
- An independent thinker with personal courage and integrity
- Self-motivated, able to work successfully as an individual contributor, team member, or team leader.
- Organized with attention to detail; proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas while providing training and skills transfer to others
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances . Galaxy fully complies with all applicable Federal, State and local anti- discrimination laws. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and general treatment during employment.