Marketplace Director at Via
As a Marketplace Director, you will be an integral member of the Global Marketplace team, focusing on revenue strategy, driver supply strategy, and operations. We drive efficiency and innovation in Via’s consumer and partner cities, owning both operational P&L targets and the broader vision for operating at scale. You will achieve those goals by leading a team of talented individuals, generating data-driven insights, developing product and execution strategies, and seeing these through to the finish line. To do the job well, you’ll need to work closely with many teams across the organization - ops teams, financial analysts, product experts, engineers, and data scientists. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Own weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual operations targets, and develop/execute creative strategies to achieve them
- Work with city and partner teams, general managers, and senior management to develop and implement the strategies that will achieve those goals and set up Via for scale
- Galvanize other teams (ops, finance, data science, product) to achieve long-term goals and unlock new value
- Build and use dashboards, data analyses, AB tests, and other methods to identify opportunities and track progress
- Ideate, pitch, and execute proposals to maximize efficiency (new features; new product lines or subscription models, etc.) in front of both internal and external audiences
Who You Are
- A people leader who can motivate a large team with diverse skillsets, and also build relationships to get things down outside your core team
- A highly adaptable professional who can quickly synthesize new information, determine if the plan / goals need to change, and organize the team to get that done
- An entrepreneur who doesn’t wait to be told what to do - when you find an opportunity to make an impact, you go and get it done
- An innovator who is not satisfied with how things work now - you’re constantly zooming out to see if there’s a better way to do things, and to make sure you’re working on the most impactful items
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups
- Record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
- Have 10+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
What Catches Our Eye:
- MBA or other Master’s degree a plus
- Experience with Technical tools (SQL, Python, Tableau)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.