Medical Operations Manager - Cove at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
In this role, you will develop, implement, and own workflows to support our patients at every step of their migraine care journey. You will work directly with providers, including our nation’s top headache specialists to play a critical role in expanding access to specialized end-to-end care.
The ideal candidate is a deeply empathetic and highly organized individual who is passionate about offering best in class support to patients and providers. They are comfortable working with physicians and other clinical providers as part of the broader care coordination process. They’re a creative problem solver who’s committed to continuous improvement, and are eager to share patient feedback and insights with their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build a healthcare brand that people can love and to create an exceptional experience for patients across the country. Our patients look to Cove for support, guidance, and empathy as they navigate a challenging and often misunderstood chronic condition.
This role reports directly to the Associate GM of Cove.
Some things you will work on:
- Partner with Cove’s clinical team to develop the workflows and systems to enable providers to deliver excellent migraine care to thousands of patients
- Work hand in hand with Cove’s Medical Director (a top headache specialist) and serve as the liaison between the business and clinical teams
- Collaborate with product and design teams to iterate on the Cove’s patient experience, from initial sign-up to ongoing care, and serve as an advocate for the patient and provider at every turn
- Own the relationship with Cove’s medical advisory board (a team of nationally-recognized headache specialists), including providing quarterly updates on Cove’s progress and engaging advisors on internal Cove projects
- In partnership with Thirty Madison’s Service Operations team, track and forecast clinical hiring needs to ensure sufficient support for our patients
- Bring the patient experience to life for our providers by creating and maintaining dynamic training materials and communications
- In partnership with our clinical team, develop and maintain clear documentation, communications, and training materials to continuously educate providers about Cove’s clinical and diagnostic frameworks
- Work with our Lifecycle Marketing team to develop and implement patient email communications that support our providers (i.e., remind patients to respond to their doctor, share a video on how to use an auto-injector, provide additional education around Cove’s migraine tracker)
- Continuously optimize overall medical operations processes, both within Cove and across our shared services organization
You should have:
- 3+ years of working experience in healthcare operations roles, including clinical operations, population health, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and experience analyzing data
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading (and shaping!) process improvements
- Strong, collaborative, sketching / whiteboarding skills and an ability to quickly synthesize and communicate complex ideas to teammates and stakeholders
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to learn the ins and outs of a fast-moving startup - you’re a team player who’s eager to learn and are comfortable with shifting priorities
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors, temps, and interns are not eligible for benefits.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*