Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We have built a platform that allows e-commerce merchants to integrate Buy Now, Pay Later financing products throughout the customers’ shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA and culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
The Merchant Success Strategist is an integral part of our Success team. You will be responsible for tending to the day-to-day needs of our merchant partners and for building out and executing merchant trainings and business reviews. You will set the overall tone of your merchant relationships while being responsible for assigning accurate views of the health of your customers and forecasting retention and expansion opportunities within your book of business. The ideal candidate will be also able to speak confidently about the digital marketing and e-commerce space alongside broader themes that can be applied to marketing strategy. Internally, communication with various internal partners while acting as a client advocate to ensure offering optimization. On the merchant side, you will work with leaders at all levels to design and implement digital marketing strategies to help merchants derive the most value from the tools Bread offers.
Your Role at Bread:
- Own merchant relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership, constantly seeking expansion/growth/upsell opportunities for the client and ensuring the client understands the value Bread brings to their business
- Train merchants on how to use the Bread tool and market our financing product to their customers
- Ensure merchant compliance and drive relevant product adoption to generate high retention rates
- Help merchants create and deploy effective marketing initiatives around financing using a data-driven approach
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure that merchant wins, losses, and suggestions are recorded and iterated on
What we are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of customer facing work experience, preferably at a SaaS tech company or consultancy firm.
- Exemplary written and verbal (face to face and phone/screenshare) communication skills
- Track record of delivering high-quality outputs consistently under pressure. You thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- BA / BS degree from an accredited university
- The ability to travel on occasion when relevant, appropriate and safe - expect that somewhere around 25% of your time will be traveling domestically
Nice to Have:
- Work experience at a Fintech company with knowledge of APIs and technical integrations.
- Digital Marketing, eCommerce or software/SaaS experience
- Experience using Excel or other Business Intelligence reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or Domo to conduct data analysis
- Enthusiastic about problem solving and taking on a challenge - you are motivated to think creatively and execute in new areas
- Positive attitude and proven work ethic - you're highly motivated, thrive working independently to achieve relevant, time-sensitive goals, and enjoy dynamic environments
- Adept at engaging a wide audience, ranging from C-suite executives to day-to-day managers, empathetically and persuasively
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people