Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Leveraging Big Data and Machine Learning, Even partners with the top financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to surface the richest, most comprehensive list of personalized financial services for consumers (including loans, life insurance, credit cards, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale.
The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
Even is seeking a Mortgage Operations Manager to join its Compliance team. We are looking for an individual who loves what they do and is a team player. This position requires someone who has working knowledge of the NMLS system uploading conditions, working with examiners, regulators, and auditors or is willing and eager to learn. You should be someone who is a “can do” person and enjoys interacting with people and completing challenging tasks. You will be part of a new team that will be building our mortgage fintech challenger business from the ground up. We look forward to your integral help in developing and managing this service offering, and key contributions to our decision making and culture as our team continues to grow!
- Work with the team to develop and execute the annual business plan and strategize to accomplish company mortgage objectives and desired metrics
- Monitor loan pipeline and implement control functions to manage process
- Interact with State Regulators, Bonding Companies and Registered Agents
- Assist with annual reports, audits, and licensing renewals and maintenance
- Assist with the maintenance of a comprehensive regulatory and license management program for key areas of the business, as assigned
- Assist with a review of policies, procedures and training to ensure alignment with applicable regulations.
- Collaborate and participate in Compliance team operations and initiatives
- Provide support and guidance to assigned business units in order to mitigate any licensing, business or regulatory impacts with respect to new products and services.
- Work with the team to identify and analyze potential risks from all available sources including complaints, vendors, system weaknesses, testing results, and audit results to obtain a holistic view of regulatory risks.
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience in the mortgage industry
- Current registration under the (NMLS)
- Willing to obtain licensure in all 50 states and D.C.
- Knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations (RESPA (Specifically Section VIII), FTC, UDAAP, CFPB)
- Working knowledge of mortgage reporting procedures and data required for state licensing
- You must pass a credit and criminal background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description