We seek an organized and experienced Office Manager to lead office operations as we navigate a return to work for a hybrid/flexible work model. Teachable intends to return to the office on September 7, 2021. Responsibilities include spearheading the office reentrance process which will involve following government protocols regarding COVID-19, redesigning the space to fit our hybrid model, and working with different departments, vendors, and building management (in a union building) to create a functional and beautiful space that represents the company.
This role will report directly to the VP of People and work closely with finance, legal, and IT teams to ensure smooth operations that remain in budget. The ideal candidate will take pride in their work and workspace, creating a safe work environment that fosters productivity and collaboration for all. This is a required, in-office position.
About Our Space:
Teachable moved into our current location at 470 Park Avenue South just prior to the start of the pandemic in February 2020. We are looking for someone to help make this space representative of Teachable. The space currently spans over 30,000 square feet across two floors.
- Proactive: You take initiative to complete projects efficiently.
- Responsible: You take ownership of your role.
- Problem solver: You see problems and work towards solutions.
- Take pride in your work product: You deliver beautiful, high quality work.
- Collaborative: You work well with others.
- Create a welcoming, warm, productive atmosphere in the office
- Lead office logistics, operations, and administration including office supply orders and stocking, catering orders, snacks/lunches, and hardware
- Support the planning and execution of in-office events, including department offsites, team lunches, happy hours, and more
- Plan and coordinate delivery and shipment of employee appreciation gifts (work anniversaries, birthdays, etc.)
- Organize and oversee shipping accounts for office deliveries and mail
- Partner with building maintenance and security and other third parties, including cleaning, HVAC, IT and other facilities vendors, to ensure the office is running smoothly
- Plan and execute office projects spanning telecom/teleconference, physical space changes, interior design, and other projects as they arise
- Serve as main point of contact for building health and safety requirements (with support from the People/HR team)
- Support audio/visual setup for company-wide cross-office meetings with IT (typically bi-weekly, quarterly, and end-of-year all-hands meetings)
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure project budgets and expenses are tracked
- Strong communicator with the ability to work well with people across a variety of jobs, experience levels, and functions
- 2+ years of prior facilities or office management experience
- Conversational in Spanish
- Ability to work effectively with outside vendors, including cleaning services, repair and maintenance, and technology (experience working in a union building a plus) as well as internal stakeholders
- Experience working at a fast-paced technology company is a plus
- Effective project management skills to lead buildouts and other office-related projects
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and regularly perform physical labor such as moving around the office to check on maintenance/repairs across the office, and assist with office moves
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.