Founded in 2017, Mobley is a NYC startup transforming home asset ownership through our rental platform. We started Mobley after continual frustration throwing away, storing or selling furniture for cents on the dollar every time we moved. As our generation continues to increase mobility, we strongly believe people shouldn’t be forced to buy disposable, short-term furniture but instead flexibly furnish their home with beautiful high-quality items at a fraction of retail prices, for as long they want. We’re strongly committed to reducing waste and building a beautiful home for our customers.
Mobley is venture-backed and was selected as part of the inaugural cohort for the Harvard accelerator.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to join our team. You’re the voice of Mobley, the first person they interact with and that’s really important! You’ll be supporting our Operations Manager with customer inquiries and order fulfillment. We’re looking for someone who’s positive, energetic and a motivated problem solver. You are empowered to gather first-hand customer insights to drive customer acquisition and continuous product improvement.
- Provide top-notch customer service to all of our leads and customers via phone, chat and email. (You’ve got 5 star oral and written communication skills)
- Fulfilling and scheduling customer orders with our delivery partner. This includes some purchasing and inventory management. (Attention to detail is really important here!)
- Contribute creative ideas for updates and new products to help improve the customer experience. We’re a collaborative team and you’ll have that first hand knowledge of customer data, use it!
- Become and act as an expert in our products and logistics
- You’re a team player ready to roll up your sleeves in our fast paced startup environment
- You’re super organized, multi-tasking is your middle name and you’re killer at prioritizing that long to-do list
- Scrappy, energetic, hustler are words your coworkers use to describe your work ethic
- You’re passionate about style, design, furniture, or home decor
- You know your way around an Excel spreadsheet
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years in a customer support or operations role
- Previous experience in direct-to-consumer startup a plus
- Experience with Intercom or similar customer support platform a plus
- You’re well-rounded with diverse interest outside of work that is driven to make a serious dent in the world
- Operations Manager
- Medical benefits (75% employer match)
- Dental and vision benefits (99% employer match)
- Commuter benefits (pre-tax deduction)
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee discount on your Mobley lease