Overnight Communications Analyst
Citizen is hiring. We invite you to apply to join our Safety Operations Center.
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world by building a global safety network of people protecting each other. The network is powered by technology that generates instant alerts about crime and other emergencies - as they occur. Each incident on the platform creates a temporary local network of people who use the Citizen product to protect each other, broadcasting live video and communicating with others nearby.
We are looking for a collaborative and mission-driven problem solver to join our growing safety operations team as a communications analyst. This talented team of creative and analytical writers collects, processes, and translates crime and emergency signals for the Citizen platform.
Please note that we run a 24/7 operation and new team members must have schedule flexibility to take on weekend shifts.
- Educate and empower users to keep them safe through real-time reporting on crime and public safety emergencies
- Exercise superb editorial judgment on sensitive subject matter
- Monitor and interpret multiple streams of data, including police scanners
- Stay current with local news in Citizen’s coverage areas
- Collaborate with colleagues on breaking national stories
- Craft social media posts on developing incidents
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writer with flawless grammar
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptable
- Fluent in English
- Conscientious, demonstrating a high attention to detail
- Comfortable with maps and geography
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Background in journalism, writing, another creative field, or startup environment a plus
- Bonus: experience using Citizen, listening to police scanners, or working in public safety
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, overtime, meals, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
If you would like to be considered, please apply here.