Planning & Allocation Manager
Planning & Allocation Manager at CAMP
CAMP HQ (NYC)
About the Company
CAMP is a family experience store. Built to engage and inspire families, CAMP combines play and product throughout its stores to create enriching and fun experiences for all. Each CAMP location includes: a canteen (our general store), a café, an interactive space for play and shopping, and a theatre for activities and programming for kids and families of all ages.
What is the Role?
CAMP is expanding nationally and we are looking for a Planning & Allocation Manager to maximize sales, profit and inventory optimization across the business. In this role, you will be responsible for leading merchandise planning, allocation and on-time delivery and will be accountable for KPIs including Open-to-Buy performance, in-stock rates and inventory turns. You will work cross functionally with: Operations, Merchandising, Finance, Production and Marketing teams. You will report to CAMP’s VP of Operations and work on the CAMP Store Support team (aka the CAMP corporate team) based in NYC.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the development of demand and supply, assortment and allocation plans for stores and D2C business
- Partnering with Buying team on purchasing and replenishment recommendations, creating and monitoring inbound transfers between warehouses and stores
- Leading inventory management and sales analysis to maximize performance and mitigate risks to sales including excess inventory, stock outs or back-orders
- Owning allocation strategy to ensure stock levels at stores and warehouses are optimized and forecasts are achieved
- Driving the Open-to-Buy process to improve overall business planning and performance
- Reporting performance on a weekly and monthly basis across inventory, forecasts, vendor performance and other relevant KPIs
- Working closely with operations and logistics to monitor production and inventory receipts across all channels
What is required?
- 4 - 7 years of previous planning experience, omni-channel retail or consumer goods industry required
- Self-starter, proactive, ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease and flexibility - you are excited to dive in, build quickly and drive output
- Extremely detail oriented, diligent and thorough
- Desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards.
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you, and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked.
- Strong data and quantitative skills, including advanced planning, forecasting and replenishment
- Experience using ERP and demand planning tools
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter to me, Dave, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!