At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
As a Platform Engineer (PE) you will spearhead and manage our technology initiatives in the realm of platform infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and developing infrastructure systems, policies, and processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, and performance. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing our infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Platform Engineer you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers and Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- 5+ years of experience in an Infrastructure role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment - traditional Data Center / COLO with Cloud Platforms
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Scripting proficiency essential. Java/Go proficiency is more of a bonus.
- You have detailed experience with vSphere and other hypervisors.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and have experience with hypervisors, Linux containers and orchestration managers
- You have experience with a configuration management tool for automation and workflow development.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise and clear.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.