Provider Operational Excellence, Sr. Manager/Director at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Senior Manager/Director to lead the Provider Operational Excellence team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll lead the Provider Operational Excellence (OX) team to drive value through strategic projects, process improvement, and change management for cross-team initiatives on the Provider side of our business. Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence & Product Operations, you'll be responsible for driving our Provider OX team vision, roadmap and priorities through collaboration with stakeholders across the Provider organization. You will partner closely with our Provider Leadership team to define and drive value from prioritized projects and day to day operations aligned to our overarching Provider business strategy. In this role, you will manage 4 existing team members as well as manage projects of your own as an individual contributor.
In addition, you'll also:
- Define overarching vision, plan and roadmap for the Provider OX team in partnership with Ops & Provider Leadership stakeholders
- Drive Provider strategic planning processes through annual planning & quarterly business reviews
- Develop our Provider internal communications strategy in partnership with our Provider leadership team
- Manage and oversee provider-wide programming & communication structures including bi-annual Provider All Hands meetings and monthly [email protected] meetings
- Identify project opportunities, scope problems collaboratively, and set up team members for successful partnerships on projects
- Establish strong cross functional relationships with team members from front-line staff up to leadership teams
- Mentor and coach team members to continuously drive talent development and maintain a high performing team
You're a strategic operator with 5-10 years of experience working cross functionally, managing teams, and managing projects or programs that are tied to strategic business objectives. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are able seamlessly flex between the high-level goals and details, have a positive attitude, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a track record of managing and developing high performing teams
- You have experience in problem identification & scoping, root cause analysis & operational design and implementation across multiple stakeholder groups
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- You have the ability to navigate conflicting interests, identify the most pragmatic solution, and align stakeholders on a go-forward approach.
- You are self-motivated, solution-oriented and proactively anticipate and manage roadblocks, identifying and articulating alternative solutions to the problem at hand
- You have the ability to constantly prioritize and think at the goal level
- You are passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.