Real Estate Transaction Lead (Corporate Real Estate)
As a Real Estate Transaction Lead, you will be a crucial part of the team responsible for bringing Compass to major new markets across the country. You are a detail-oriented team player, that enjoys navigating the real estate process from site evaluation to lease negotiation, and are excited about the prospect of helping set the company up for success in new markets. Your role will play a leading part in the selection, design, and construction of new offices.
At Compass you will:
- Assess viability for new locations: conduct site inspections, cost analyses, proposal development, and lease negotiations
- Direct involvement with lease review, negotiation and renewal processes
- Work with external project management team and assist in the management of relationships with external partners. Develop collaborative relationships with local and HQ teams
- Manage analytics and project tracking to ensure effective construction and contracting. Identify, manage, and implement effective processes to ensure high functionality
- Work across departments to communicate status of real estate projects and coordinate/facilitate integration of responsibilities with other departments as needed
- Partner with corporate development team to evaluate business operations across regions and identify opportunities to create both operational and cost efficiencies
- Analyze and recommend strategic locations in conjunction with design and construction initiatives that support growth of Compass
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Property Management, Construction Management, or related; consideration given for industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate commercial real estate role, specifically multi-location and retail experience. Cross-regional portfolio experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing the development of construction sites from design to occupancy. Requires strong knowledge of market conditions, analytics, cost, lease negotiations, project tracking, contracts, etc.
- Proven experience building consensus among internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate devotion to effective processes and high quality results
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written. Excels in a collaborative, relationship-driven culture
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time across regions as needed
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.