Receptionist at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About the Job:
As the Receptionist, you will be the face of Rent the Runway, greeting and assisting guests and helping to ensure the office runs smoothly at all times. You will be the support link internally and externally, and be part of a team of problem solvers who work together to achieve operational excellence. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, vibrant office environment and build relationships with key executives and employees as you learn about our business. If you are excited about contributing to the continued success of Rent the Runway and are a positive, outgoing self starter, keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Office Operations Manager in all responsibilities
- Be a welcoming and friendly face for the company, greeting and assisting visitors when they arrive at the office and overseeing the check-in process, and promptly notifying employees of their arrival
- Enter visitors into building security system, ensuring a positive and seamless experience at all times
- Act as the directional expert of Rent the Runway, knowing the layout intimately and escorting guests as needed
- Field the Receptionist inbox, distributing and escalating messages as needed
- Ensure the office consistently runs smoothly, especially regarding important meetings and other events that require pre-planning and support
- Facilitate ordering, unpacking, organizing, and stocking of all office supplies and snacks
- Place catering ordering for meetings as needed, including setup and break down, proactively offering to assist as meetings arise
- Set up conference rooms for high level meetings as needed; assist employees and executives in booking conference rooms
- Own the room booking calendar for the office and facilitate changes and requests
- Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and package distribution and organization
- Assist employees, executives and executive assistants in various tasks as needed related to the office
- Manage business card ordering for senior employees
- Partner with HR to explore an office-wide travel program and schedule travel for the leadership team
- Be the ultimate keeper of Rent the Runway knowledge, providing or seeking answers for anyone in need, and communicating office policies and procedures
- Support on-boarding of new hires by offering office tours, setting up ID badges, being a resource for information, etc.
- Work closely with operations employees based out of our warehouse facility to ensure seamless experience when RTR order drop offs/pick ups at the office
- Partner in the planning of various events such as holiday parties, office celebrations, etc.
- Gather feedback and spread awareness of events and initiatives through interactions at reception area
- Act as a cultural ambassador for Rent the Runway: Prep for team-wide meetings, facilitate swag orders, and coordinate in-office surprise and delight. You’ll ensure we are celebrating the milestones – anniversaries, birthdays, life events, and major team wins!
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of relevant administrative experience at a like minded company
- You are most comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment; self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- You are extremely positive and upbeat, someone who views challenges as opportunities
- You are a strong and highly effective communicator
- You naturally have a knack for meticulous record keeping and documentation
- You are a team player who is willing to do anything to support the team and business
- You are extremely organized and have a strong, astute attention to detail
- You exhibit respect and understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- You bring a scrappy approach to problem solving and a can-do attitude
- You present a strong work ethic and proven loyalty
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future