Senior Capacity Planner at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Manager, Capacity Planning, this individual will be forecasting demand trends, analyzing and modeling data to enhance operational efficiency as new products and hardware architecture initiatives are rolled out.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify capacity-related concerns and proactively work with systems, network, and engineering teams to develop measurements and discover resolutions
- Create a Plan of Record using in-house developed modeling tools to find the right balance between data center resources and investments in order to meet revenue forecasts
- Analyze and understand various demand streams and product trends to deliver robust forecasts
- Create metrics and dashboards to monitor and report relevant KPIs for capacity planning
- Ensure capacity constraints and assumptions are identified, tracked, and communicated
- Develop data pipeline requirements with data analytics teams to support historical data tracking, dashboard & reporting, key metrics, and daily demand analysis across all product lines
- Analyze how hardware architecture and product changes impact capacity and provide feedback to teams and upper level management
- Participate in ongoing capacity planning data analyses and perform custom analysis as special situations arise
- Understand and interpret capacity needs and requirements to communicate them effectively to cross functional teams
- You like data and wrangling data
- You are well versed with data structures and have strong SQL skills
- You have a background in data analytics or capacity planning
- You have experience communicating and collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, sales, finance and program management.
- Skilled at data visualization and working in BI software (i.e. Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with programming in Python, Perl, R or Julia
- You have strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!