Senior Director of Corporate IT
JW Player is looking for a Senior IT Leader to own and manage all aspects of our Corporate Information Technology organization, including infrastructure, user support, networking, business systems, IT service management and security.
This New York City-based role will have oversight of the planning, execution, and management of all Corporate IT Operations functions, working closely with many cross-functional areas, including stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Lead the strategic to operational execution of the Corporate Information Technology department by understanding the internal business initiatives and developing global IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Oversee day-to-day operations for US and International IT-related services, including core tools, networking, business systems, end-user technologies, security and IT service management to ensure business continuity and information security
- Prioritize maintenance and improvement of IT infrastructure and capabilities in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Provide first-rate IT, WiFi and telephone infrastructure to enable employees to seamlessly accomplish their daily tasks regardless of location
- Lead, mentor and enhance the US-based IT Team to ensure IT infrastructure scales and supports growth in existing and future global offices (WIFI, VPN…)
- Act as project manager for all new technology and business systems implementation; including office expansion/move projects.
- Validate and further strengthen controls and implement regulatory/compliance programs
- BA/BS in Information Technology or related field of study or experience equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Information Technology, with proven team management experience managing and mentoring IT professionals
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry with an emphasis on Cloud/SaaS provided solutions.
- Experience at a Public company or experience taking a Pre-IPO company of 200+ employees public
- Comfortable communicating at every organizational level and experience regularly interacting with senior and C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business cases and present ideas and recommendations at the Executive and Board level and taking full project ownership in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment within a technology-driven business
- Experience in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiative, and accountability are highly valued and expected
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a global footprint
- Master’s Degree preferred (MBA or MS)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.