Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Senior Director, to be based in either our New York City headquarters or in the San Francisco area, and will report to the SVP of Supply Chain Operations. This role will manage the Manufacturing (Assembly & Factory Test) and Supplier Quality for all of Latch Hardware Products. They will provide leadership to establish and maintain quality levels that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Determining the overall manufacturing and supplier quality strategy, and the continuous improvement plan for the department
- Organizing and overseeing the management of the Supplier Quality & Manufacturing department, approving plans, and expenditures necessary to achieve objectives
- Ensuring internal processes and metrics are aligned to create the highest product quality and competitive advantage
- Providing Manufacturing & Supplier Quality leadership throughout the product development process, and participating in the new product development process to achieve quality, cost, and service objectives
- Overseeing investigations of Supplier Quality and Manufacturing issues to ensure timely closed-loop corrective actions and reports as required
- Supporting supplier quality program and conducting supplier audits as needed to meet objectives
- Providing training and leadership, and representing a positive and enthusiastic role model to ensure high engagement across the team
- Coaching team leaders on leadership development and assists in creating development and training plans
- Overseeing and leading Document Control management
- Responsible for Manufacturing test at domestic and international factory locations
- Optimize the manufacturing process to efficiently meet the UPD targets while working to reduce down costs
- Drive early and on-going operations involvement to ensure new products are designed for manufacturability and propose alternative manufacturing approaches
- Minimum of 20 years experience in Manufacturing & Supplier Quality with 15 years in a leadership position
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Extensive experience in managing outsourced manufacturing in Asia for consumer electronics
- BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice