Senior IT Engineer / IT Manager
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We’re looking for a Senior IT Engineer who is capable of taking responsibility for managing the technical infrastructure supporting end user devices, physical and virtual networking, and desktop and cloud software at Imagen. We put patients first, and a large component of this role is ensuring that Imagen's systems are secured to our high standards and exceed compliance requirements so that we can safely and securely deliver high-quality patient results. This is a hands-on technical role that will afford opportunities for growth as a manager in the coming 12-18 months.
- Own and drive the IT roadmap by understanding organizational needs and identifying key areas of business risk
- Manage critical IT software, hardware, and networking systems and vendors including Intune and G Suite
- Own the end-to-end implementation of IT and security policies, including designing procedures, evaluating and building systems, and coordinating deployment
- Example projects include increasing SSO adoption and IDS/IDP improvements
- Oversee internal and external security and controls audits
- Mission-driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes
- Can navigate and communicate short- and long-term trade-offs, while delivering solutions they are proud of
- Good judgement and forms opinions backed with data
- 5+ years professional experience building and maintaining corporate IT systems
- Familiarity with one or more controls frameworks (e.g. HITRUST, PCI, SOC 2)
- Excellent communication and project management skills, and enjoys working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
This role is based in New York, NY.