Senior IT Support Engineer at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have proven experience in an entrepreneurial, startup, or enterprise setting. You combine exemplary white-glove customer support skills with the type of creative tenacity necessary to solve problems in a fast-paced iterative environment. You have a high level of professionalism and an unmatched ability to research technical problems and solutions.
As a Senior IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for technical escalations in one or two technical domains. You will be responsible for leading by example, where best practices like timely and transparent communication, documentation, and tech advocacy are concerned. In addition, your role involves having a well-rounded skill set in all the competencies that support IT in an office environment.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- 50% of your time you’ll be owning the deployment, support, and maintenance of
- Hardware/Software on OS X and Windows systems.
- Office Phone System and Devices
- Wired and Wireless Network
- Office A/V Equipment for Remote Meetings and Events
- 50% of your time you’ll be on point for
- Core Application Lifecycle - owning all aspects of a software tool from scoping to sunset
- Identifying opportunities for improving our current systems and taking action to bring those improvements to life
- Codifying and delivering opportunities to raise the technical acumen of the IT team and those we support
- Technical escalations within the IT team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Senior IT Support Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of professional IT Support experience
- Experience with mentorship, software training, and Design/UX a big plus
- Expert-level skill in at least one of the following
- TCP/IP Networking - troubleshooting, feature improvements, enthusiasm for research and monitoring
- DevOps-style delivery pipelines - Virtualized *nix infrastructure, web/app development, scripting in shell, Ruby, or Python
- SQL for database architecture/management or queries
- Agile Product Management as it applies to modern software development
- Configuration Management using common tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- API integrations and custom scripts
- Familiarity with SSO using SAML 2.0, MFA, Atlassian, Jamf, GSuite, Salesforce, Slack, and AV systems are all nice to have
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Please note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment