Senior Manager, Business Systems at Spruce
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:06 a.m. (EST) on Friday, October 1, 2021
Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward-thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies, and investors. We believe that the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency, and digital experiences. Our mission is to provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
About the job
Spruce is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Business Systems to join our NYC office, reporting to Spruce’s COO. Spruce’s Business Systems team will be responsible for managing our enterprise systems supporting our various company business functions. Our enterprise systems currently include Netsuite, Teampay, and others, and we expect to add additional systems in the near future.
This role involves the direct management of all aspects of these systems including vendor selection, working to understand where the relationships with third party vendors should integrate into our proprietary product ecosystem, implementation project management, long-range strategy planning, implementing annual roadmaps, managing team resources, optimizing operational processes, change management, management reporting, and related continuous improvement. The role requires a unique combination of exceptional customer focus, strong communication skills, technology know-how, and solid planning, implementation and operational skills.
What you'll do
- Ensure Spruce’s growing portfolio of business tools are effectively implemented, well-maintained, and constantly improving
- Hire, lead, and manage others as needed to support Spruce as it adds more such tools
- Collaborate effectively with all business functional teams including Information Security, Sales, Product, Engineering, Accounting, Operations, and FP&A departments to understand their work and needs
- Will participate as a critical stakeholder and accountable member of the Spruce business unit dedicated to the optimization and scalability of our systems
- Maintain on-going relationships with business system vendors; and work with others in vendor management roles to ensure consistency in approach and process.
- Make the business case for systems improvements and/or alternative new systems in partnership with the departments who will use those systems most
- Work closely with IT to plan for day-to-day desktop support of business tools
- Work with the L&D team to make internal training available as needed
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure that work is done using new tools as they’re available
- Plan for the systems we need to meet our going as a business over the next year or more
What we're looking for
- Experience leading/managing/operating across multiple budget/implementation/hiring cycles at a few different companies, ideally including mature tech startups
- Deep experience in the evaluation, implementation and maintenance of integrated business systems and processes
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with our core technologies is a plus (NetSuite, Teampay, and more)
- Ability to develop productive client relationships across different levels of management
- Experience in leading cross-team change management
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Must be able to explain technology solutions to business stakeholders
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.
Read Full Job Description