Senior Manager (EAST Government Affairs) at Grubhub
This position, which will be located in New York City, will report to the Senior Director of Government Affairs and closely coordinate with our Communications, Community Affairs, Legal, Brand, Restaurant, and other Teams.
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, execute, and represent Grubhub's legislative and regulatory interests across state and local levels of government primarily in the eastern US.
- Track and maintain an active list of state and local legislation and regulations of interest to our business.
- Draft policy update communications for senior and executive teams and external audiences
- Foster positive relationships with business and government leaders, as well as well as other constituencies important to our business
- Act as Grubhub's representative in legislative and policy meetings, hearings, and other events
- Work closely with Grubhub's Head of Community Affairs and Social Impact to identify policy priorities with key elected officials
- Identify and grow industry and coalition relationships
- Manage grassroots advocacy programs for Call To Action campaigns.
- Manage external policy consultants
- When appropriate, act as an external spokesperson for Grubhub
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in a related concentration;
- At least 8 years of experience serving in government, industry coalitions, and/or internal corporate government relations or policy roles
- Direct policy experience, particularly with marketplace-based organizations
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience operating cross-functionally in an organization, creating consensus and putting in motion action plans
- Top notch public speaking and writing ability
- Results-driven approach at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Positive energy on a daily basis is a must
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Got these? Even better.
- Experience working for, or with, a food or technology company a big plus
- Being a foodie is a plus, too
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]