Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Sr. Manager, OD will work with teams globally across the organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Sr. Director of People and drives DO’s Performance Management, Individual Development and Talent Review processes. This includes providing training, enhancing the capabilities of HR and managers, and ownership for and optimization of all Talent Systems and Talent data. In addition, this role has responsibility for projects and systems related to building our leadership pipelines including Individual Development Planning, Career Development, Assessment processes and Executive coaching and Development, with a significant emphasis on our Top Talent and General Management pipeline.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing annual performance management process
- Partnering with business unit & HR team to facilitate adoption and effective execution of processes
- Continuously improve employee and manager support materials for processes and technology
- Managing roll out of programs to improve capabilities in talent management and development (for HR, managers, and employees)
- Establish strategy and framework for new hire onboarding and training
- Manage projects to enhance standard processes, training, tools and support metrics to influence continuous improvement of process design and use of technology
- Lead annual Talent Review process and quarterly updates with the purpose of developing a robust leadership pipeline including:
- Partnering with HR teams to facilitate talent review process
- Partner with Talent Sr. Director to develop quarterly Talent Review presentations for the Executive Leadership Team
- Lead Top Talent development and tracking processes
- Lead internal career development and internal staffing processes and metrics
- Lead Talent analytics and scorecarding process and reporting to provide insight and direction for key Talent and Development initiatives.
- Provide development coaching for leaders and teams (e.g., 360-degree feedback, development planning, new manager training)
- Partner with Sr. Director of Talent to develop General management career path, competencies and internal pipeline. Support internal staffing and development processes to build our General Management pipeline.
- Own our Team Effectiveness process, updating tools and materials to adapt to a more flexible, virtual workplace. Provide coaching to HRBPs and evolve the tools and training to address changing needs of our managers and teams.
- Masters Degree or higher in, OD or related field, strongly preferred.
- 12 + years experience in the following areas : Leading Talent Management and Development programming; Large scale project and process leadership and execution
- 10 years of Management experience
- Experience in analyzing and presenting data to support decision making.
- Experience working with employees in multiple sites, preferably in multiple countries.
- Project and Program Management Skills
- Verbal/Written Communication and Presentation/ Facilitation Skills
- Feedback and Coaching Skills
- Experience and training in contemporary Assessment practices
- Team effectiveness experience a plus
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence across matrix reporting lines & functions
- Knowledge of Talent Management to include: Performance Management/Development, Talent Review and Succession Planning, Executive Development and Assessment processes
- Proficient in Google Suite & Talent Management Applications
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company event, Shark Week, to get quality time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs..
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!