Senior Manager, Retail Operations
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
As part of our Retail Operations team, you’ll be building more than your traditional retail location -- you’ll be bringing the closet in the cloud to life. We are giving women access to the closet of her dreams and a physical manifestation of the RTR brand. You’ll be working with the Sr. Director of Retail to ensure that our current locations in NYC, DC, Chicago, SF, and LA, are able to scale as our company continues to grow and also work on any future expansion.
About the Job:
You will be responsible for cross-functional, data-driven project management and execution of strategic initiatives across RTR Local. In addition to monitoring day-to-day performance of these efforts, this role will also identify areas of future opportunities and trends in the business. You’ll work with store leaders to create an environment of operational excellence and ongoing process improvement across our physical locations. You will lead the execution of high priority initiatives and projects, working with the Sr. Director of Retail and VP, CX & Retail to set the roadmap for these initiatives. These projects will range in size and scope, but will all align to creating operational efficiencies and incredible customer experiences. This is an exciting area that requires high energy, strong project management, excellent communication, and collaborative skills. This role is a mix of operations, marketing, analytics, planning, and strategy. No two days will be the same in this role; we’re looking for someone who is flexible, resilient, and adaptable to changing priorities.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead regular operating cadence with all store employees and create documentation for all store processes
- Work cross-functionally, with both Retail peers (Store Leaders, Training, Visual Merchandising) and other internal stakeholders (Community, Transportation, etc.)
- Work with Sr. Director, Retail to manage operating expenses across all stores
- Aggregating store performance metrics and analyzing trends, preparing regular updates for the executive team and looking for areas of improvement
- Conducting real estate surveys and location analyses for local network as needed, partnering with other Local team members
- Supporting marketing initiatives, including community and local events calendars
- Gather and prepare competitive intelligence briefs
- Conduct special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Work with Retail product and engineering team to assess technology needs to better scale our in-store experience
- You are curious and comfortable working with data to track success
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and testing new ideas
- You have 5+ years of experience in an operationally focused role, preferably in retail or fulfillment
- You’re an excellent communicator, across all levels and mediums
- You have a strong background in customer-centric roles
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!