Senior Manager, Strategic Development
Major League Baseball (MLB) is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Development based in New York, NY. This role is primarily responsible for collaborating with club and league stakeholders to implement strategies to grow the baseball industry.
Qualified candidates will be familiar with baseball presented in every format: On MLB’s digital products -- MLB.com, At Bat, MLB.TV, and Ballpark -- as well as linear TV broadcasts and in-stadium experiences. They will have a demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with a wide range of departments, from digital product development, to marketing, to club initiatives. Additionally, they will be comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analyses, and have the ability to explain complicated concepts to audiences of varied understanding. Experience with tools such as Adobe or Google Analytics and Qualtrics, analytical software like RStudio and Alteryx, and programming languages like SQL, R, and Python is not mandatory, but is greatly preferred. Essentially, they will have proven success in leading or being a key contributor on a multidisciplinary team.
- Combine first-party data and research, third-party led projects, and broader market research to create strategic recommendations to achieve wider industry goals
- Ensure execution of MLB’s overall strategic goals by setting specific, incremental KPIs and targets for products and projects.
- Collaborate and interact with club personnel to inform league-level strategic decision-making.
- Coordinate with league stakeholders and department heads to support club initiatives cross-functionally.
- Serve as a key contributor and senior member of a new strategically-focused team
- Present and communicate findings and proposals to stakeholder and executive audiences frequently.
- An undergraduate degree in an analytical field. Advanced degrees (such as MBAs) preferred, but not mandatory
- Significant professional experience in analytical field, such as management or strategy consulting, finance, or business development with demonstrable examples of success
- Experience managing simultaneous demanding projects with varying timelines
- Comfort presenting findings to executive and/or stakeholder audiences
- Experience managing a team of co-workers, or as the key contributor in group projects
- Familiarity with SQL, R and Python preferred, but not mandatory
- Broad knowledge of the sports industry domestically, and ideally internationally
- Knowledge of qualitative data collection and user feedback (voice of the fan) programs