Senior Technical Support Engineer at Smartly.io
Smartly.io’s Support culture is different. Everybody contributes to Support at Smartly.io, and as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be one of its ambassadors. We like to stay close to our product and close to our customers, and we try to smash the silos that the teams are building! That’s what you get when you join a fast-moving and fast growing company.
Smartly.io has high ambitions, and we are looking for great talents to help build our global Tier 3 support function.
Your role in this organization is to serve as the last point of escalation when everything is said and done. You collaborate with Software engineers from the development teams. Build excellent bug reports and help our developers to optimize their efficiency.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills:
- You’ll serve as a vital liaison and translator between customers and our best-in-class product development team.
- Ideally, you love solving new problems and thrive in situations where there are several unknowns.
- We value candidates who are able to be very technical, while still simultaneously advocating for our support culture.
Strong cooperation with our development team is required. You will mainly work with the teams responsible for:
- Ads for Facebook
- Metadata download
- Proprietary feed based campaigns
- Catalog based ads and catalog management
- Audiences, targeting, account settings
You will also be expected to build a deep level of understanding of many of the other components of Smartly.ioResponsibilities
- Ensure that Smartly.io scales and expands globally its best-in-class technical support and distinguished customer service.
- Build technical expertise in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap and other major social networks.
- Solve technological challenges of the world’s largest online advertisers, helping them to solve issues in an expedient and affable manner.
- Help to launch products, including supporting alpha and beta features.
- Resolve advertisers’ issues and identify product bugs using our internal troubleshooting tools.
- Perform tech-heavy investigations and resolve sophisticated support critical issues.
- Analyze, reproduce, prioritize, and document platform bugs.
- Act with little direction and work quickly to identify and fix the root causes of problems.
- Assist and train your teammates in understanding and handling technical issues.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while still delivering extraordinary results for the customer.
- Become known as a leader in solutions by employees across the organization.
- Are interested in redefining the online marketing domain, have a willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals, and have an ability to learn new things quickly.
- Have prior experience in technical/product support or software development in a customer-facing role or, at least, a genuine interest to work closely with customers and tackle their problems.
- Have a technical background in modern web technologies like React, AngularJS, or Node.js. Our tech stack includes Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, React+Redux+Flow, Node.js+TypeScript, Python, PHP, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Are always looking to improve and automate. You can build your own tools to help yourself, along with the rest of the team.
- Computer Science or Engineering related education, background, or work experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Spanish is greatly appreciated.
- Fluency in any additional languages is appreciated.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 650 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are a hybrid workplace where Smartlies have the flexibility to work at the office, from home, or a bit of both. We also offer programs for short-term remote work globally.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at [email protected]