SMS Operations Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Braze, SMS is a core channel for our customers and is key to building real-time, human connections between brands and consumers. Our customers are innovating with dynamic, global implementations of SMS and want to be using effective best practices for maximum impact.
The SMS Operations team is a newly formed team within Braze and we are looking for an SMS Operations Manager that wants to join the team from the start to build an SMS Center of Excellence (COE) within Braze to help our go-to-market teams navigate specialized use cases and country-specific regulations for global SMS deployments.
The SMS Operations Manager will be an integral part and have one of the leading roles in the SMS Operations team when building the COE model and will have a big impact on how SMS Operations will work in Braze. The SMS COE model will focus on the systems, tools, processes, knowledge, and enablement needed to accelerate Braze go-to-market teams’ time to impact and ensure best practice SMS implementations for our global clients.
This role will also be a facilitator for all proactive and reactive operational activities between Braze and our SMS providers - helping to streamline knowledge and issue management pathways for improved coordination and collaboration.
Within the SMS Center of Excellence, you will be the subject matter expert of SMS globally and you will also help to build processes and best practices that focuses on areas such as:
- Presale Support
- Providing assistance to Solution Consulting and Sales for complex SMS deal scoping; especially with novel use cases and/or complex regulatory or country-specific nuance. This role should explain what is, or is not possible, and propose alternative implementation approaches, if needed.
- Post Sale Support
- Acting as the Center of Excellence for SMS design and own the full lifecycle of short codes, long codes and alpha senders within Braze.
- SMS Knowledge and Enablement
- Act as the central facilitator for the creation and maintenance of SMS operational knowledge across the business by building a consolidated knowledge repository, and processes for others to continue to add new knowledge.
- Provide regular SMS enablement to pre- and post-sale teams regarding new regional / government / compliance and/or use case requirements that better enable go-to-market teams to feel comfortable and confident to sell, integrate, and support SMS.
- SMS Provider point of contact and escalation coordination
- Act as the central Braze point of contact for operational activities between Braze and our SMS providers, helping to facilitate both proactive coordination/communication and reactive operational support between both companies.
- SMS provider evaluation, onboarding and continuous support
- Evaluate new SMS providers and Mobile Network Operators to find the optimal route for SMS delivery worldwide.
- Evaluate, setup and maintain test tools used for testing connectivity in countries where Braze sends SMS.
- Product Advocacy and Automation
- Have input on SMS product improvements within Braze and look for automation efficiencies for simplification of SMS onboarding processes.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- Strong understanding of US and International SMS regulations.
- Extensive experience in the SMS space - ideally a strong comfort of complex SMS technical implementation details such as country-specific SMS regulations and compliance standards. Previous experience working for SMS third party software providers, SMS aggregators or local carriers within the SMS space is a plus.
- Familiarity in coordinating with SMS providers (e.g. Twilio, Sinch, Infobip, etc) to understand the evolving SMS technical landscape and working through regional and technical design standards during customer deployments.
- Proven experience in process optimization / transformation in order to increase process efficiency, reduce time-to-market & support scalability.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- A strong mindset of problem-solving with multiple operational tools
- Bonus Points:
- Experience interfacing with wireless carriers to troubleshoot SMS deliverability issues.
- Knowledge of other OTT message services (e.g. WhatsApp, Line, Kakao, etc)
- Use of a knowledge base system (Salesforce Knowledge, Guru, etc)
- Knowledge of the Braze ecosystem
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.