Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.About the Job:
Reporting to the Vice President of Transportation & Planning, you will maintain responsibility for designing, launching and operating RTR transportation modes not linked to major parcel carriers like UPS, FedEx or USPS including, but not limited to opportunities for lockers, mobile drop-off/pick-up points and partnering with the wide-assortment of companies accelerating the buy-online-pick-up-in-store (BOPIS).
What You’ll Do:
- You own the responsibility of designing, launching and operating innovative and new transportation methods that deliver an unmatched customer experience at unmatched unit economics.
- You will identify new methods to manage the movement of product from the first mile to the last, using transit time, unit economics, on-time delivery, customer experience in the delivery and shrink to evaluate.
- You will create internal technology and link to partner technology.
- You will identify and leverage opportunities for marketing and co-branding.
- You have experience in e-commerce fulfillment or major manufacturing/distribution company.
- You have built and utilized financial tools and reporting.
- You have led and collaborated with tech teams in the pursuit of building product and features.
- You build, own and deliver on operating metrics.
- You have a strong analytical background and the ability to apply that at some level to both readily available data and the vision to create new data structures that drive future business reporting and decisions.
- You have collaboration and negotiation experience working with corporate partners, vendors and their legal teams in building operating agreements.
- You have experience building and leading a team.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.